domingo, 9 de agosto de 2009

It Was You, Charley...




Terry: "Charley, it was you, you remember that night down in the garden you came in my dressing room and said kid, this ain't your night... we're goin' for the price on Wilson, you remember that? This ain't your night? My night, I could've taken Wilson apart... so what happens? He gets a title shot outdoors in a ballpark, what do I get? a one way ticket to palookaville. You was my brother Charley, you should've looked out for me a little bit. You should've taken care of me a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short end money..."
Charley: "I had some bets down for ya, you saw some money.."
Terry: "You don't understand I could've had class, I coulda been a contender, I could've been somebody... instead of a bum which is what I am, let's face it............ It was you, Charley."

(Desabafo de Terry, ex-pugilista arruinado pela máfia, em On The Waterfront – Há Lodo no Cais)

Sem comentários:

eXTReMe Tracker